Hempel Award the 26th China International Young Fashion Designers Contest-Call for Entries (Macao Region)
Organized by: China Fashion Association Hempel International Group
1.Theme of the Contest:
Heritage and Craftsmanship
What will happen when trendsetters like you crush into an ancient craftsmanship？ Intangible cultural heritage’s craftsmanship is the treasure of the nation that carrying the civilization of human being. This time, HEMPLE AWARD invites you to focus on street fashion trend, combine them with traditional craftsmanship, in order to prolong their dazzling life.
- Finish the creative collection in accordance with the contest theme (3-4 outfits);
- Designs must be based on the contestants’ original ideas and have never gone public before the contest;
- Designs should be in line with current trends and cultural characteristics;
- Distinctive style, well presented, clothing and accessories in good order.
- Design Drawings: colored silhouettes (27cm40cm) with attachment of theme, sketches of each style, design inspiration and sample fabrics (5cm5cm);
- Final collection: clothes made from selected design drawings in preliminary evaluation.
Candidates must be under the age of 35 (i.e. be born on or after January 1,1982), regardless of nationality and geographic location.
- One Gold Award with cash prize of CNY 50,000 round air tickets to and from Beijing by airplane for the contestant self and free sightseeing tour for one week;
- Two Sliver Awards with cash prize of CNY 20,000 round air tickets to and from Beijing by airplane for the contestant self and free sightseeing tour for one week;
- Two Bronze Awards with cash prize of CNY 15,000;
- One Enterprise Award、One Internet popularity Award with cash prize of CNY- 5000;
- Several Excellent Awards with cash prize of CNY 2500;
China Fashion Association will issue the above awards, all the prize is before tax.
Jury Team: The jury is comprised of internationally well-known scholars, designers, fashion critics and artist;
Preliminary Evaluation: Based on design drawings submitted and shortlisted candidates will be informed in written form in late of December 2016;
Final and Awarding: Candidates should bring their clothes of selected design drawings in preliminary evaluation to Beijing for final competition.
Sep.-Dec.8th,2016 Submit designs to the Organizing Committee
Mid and late Dec.2016 Preliminary Evaluation
Jan.-Mar.20th,2017 Selected candidates finish all the clothes, judging internet popularity award
Late Mar,2017 Final and Awarding
- Design drawings are required, and one candidate for one collection;
- Personal information of the candidates such as nationality, name, gender, age and contact information (address, postal code, fax, tel and email) must be clearly stated at the back of fashion drawings;
- Design drawings should be submitted before December 6th, 2017(according to the postmark). Whether the drawings are selected or not by the preliminary evaluation, they will not be returned;
- Please download the application form from the website https://events.cpttm.org.mo/competition/48
- Shortlisted candidates should cover the transportation to Beijing by themselves. The Organizing committee will afford Four-day accommodation for the shortlist in Beijing;
- The organizers have right to use the submitted drawings for promotion purposes in the future.
Submission address : Rua dos pescadores, Ed. Industrial Ocean, II Fase, 10-Andar Macau
(CPTTM House of Apparel Technology)
Contact number：88980713 / 88980716
Contact person：Connie Ao / Kay Ho